Subject: discoveryURLs and UDDI versions

Title: discoveryURLs and UDDI versions

All,

I recently ran into an issue w.r.t. discoveryURLs. Since the registry-generated discoveryURLs provide HTTP-GET-accessible XML documents for the respective businessEntities, they depend on the UDDI version with which the businessEntity is looked at.

Thus, in a multi-version registry,
- a V3 discoveryURL is probably not what a V2 inquirer expects
- there is no information available about the UDDI version of the discoveryURL before the XML document is actually retrieved

- there is no policy specified that determines whether a node generates discoveryURLs for both UDDI V2 and V3 or for only one UDDI version

While this is not a big issue and should not hinder us from proceeding with the V3.0.2 plan, I would like to get the TC's opinion on how to resolve this, if necessary.

Thanks,
 Claus