uima message

Subject: Agenda for tomorrow's UIMA TC Telecon (January 10th)

Attached is an agenda for our call tomorrow. See you then.

Administrative

•        Attendance
•        Official registration (some still not on roster)
•        Review of Last meetings minutes. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uima/download.php/21471/UIMATCMeetingMinutes_20061206.txt
•        Putting minutes in Minutes Section on site (rather than just attached document)
•        Providing Apache Community a link to our minutes
•        Others?

Technical

Design Goals Discussion (Section 3 in white paper)

General Comments on Use-Cases (Section 4 in white paper)
•        Priority of Use Cases
•        Appropriate Level of Detail
•        More, Fewer?
•        Suggestions for others?

Specification Element Walk through (Section 5 in white paper)
For each Item Discuss
•        What is it (at a high-level)
•        Why important for Interoperability
•        Related Standards
•        Specification approach (how to represent the element – UML for example)
•        Relative Priority – what would community benefit from first.

Next Steps

Action Items/ Assignments

Focus for Next Meeting

Face to Face Meeting

David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Lead Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847