uima message

Subject: Fw: [uima] RE: UIMA TC - Open Ballot Request

_____________________________
Adam Lally
Senior Software Engineer
Semantic Analysis & Integration
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY, 10532
Tel: 914-784-7706,  T/L: 863-7706
alally@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Adam Lally/Watson/IBM on 10/31/2008 03:36 PM -----
From: David Ferrucci/Watson/IBM
To: Adam Lally
Date: 10/31/2008 01:38 PM

David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Chief Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847
ferrucci@us.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/research/uima
----- Forwarded by David Ferrucci/Watson/IBM on 10/31/2008 01:37 PM -----
<Tim.Miller@thomsonreuters.com>

10/30/2008 05:29 AM

David Ferrucci/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
RE: [uima] RE: UIMA TC - Open Ballot Request

Dave,

Does this work?

The Research & Development Department of Thomson Reuters Professional is successfully using the UIMA CAS XML and UIMA Type System XML specifications and schemas in accordance with the conformance clauses specified in the Unstructured Information Management Architecture 1.0 specification. Our use is based on the Apache UIMA open source implementation. We developed several component implementations and use UIMA as a common platform in order to improve reusability of in-house and third-party components.

Tim

Tim Miller
Head of Research
Scientific