uiml-comment message

Subject: FQID when "cascade" is specified

I would like to point out one more thing concerning
uiml-core-4.0-draft_RS021007.doc.

When I read the chapter 8.1.2 The Placeholder, I can understand
that the children are given a fully qualified identifier both in
"replace" case and in "union" case. But it seems that the children
are not given any FQID in "cascade" case.
And the figure 6 shows that they are given no FQID.

In 6.8.10.3 Examples of <restructure> the cascade example describes that
a FQID is given to an element.

I think that a FQID shold be given to an element even in "cascade" case.
This is because identifiers will conflict if a template is placed in the
same documnet of uiml.
I mean, an id of <part> which is inserted into <interface> conflicts
with an id of <part> in <template>.
In 6.2.1 The id and class Attributes it is stated that no two elements
can have the same id within the same UIML document.
And <template>s can be in the same document.

Best Regards,
Takashi
--
Takashi Endoh