uiml message

Subject: Latest working version of the UIML specification and list of items left to do

Hello all,

Attached is the latest working version of the UIML 4.0 specification.
It is still smattered with comments from the editors (Robbie, Kris, and
I) that are being worked.   Below is the list of items I know of that
need to be finished before the Specification is ready for more serious
consideration as a committee draft.  We will discuss this list at the
next meeting, where suggestions and additions will be welcome.

*	Determine if all examples are consistent with the revised
specification and use the generic vocabulary where possible
*	Verify that all elements have an updated children list that
includes newly added elements if appropriate
*	Construct 4.0 DTD from the fragments in the specification
*	Add the newly introduced Elements to section 3
*	Check if some other terms that should be defined in section 1.4
such as "Layout"
*	Check that examples use English names and are not potentially
offensive
*	Create meta-model from UIML 4.0 schema/DTD
*	Address all inline comments in the document
*	Clean up document formatting, cross reference, and image issues
caused by incompatibilities between OpenOffice and MS Word

After we have finished the above list of items, it would be useful to
have a couple members of the committee who have not been active in the
editing process review the document in its entirety.

Regards,

James Helms

Director of Research and Development
Harmonia, Inc.
P.O. Box 11282
Blacksburg, VA 24062

Office: (540) 951-5900 x 205
Cell: (540) 558-9722

uiml-core-4.0-draft-01-20070405_-LUYK.doc