Subject: RE: [virtio-comment] Re: virtio member device provisioning get/set and virtio child device life cycle mixing not needed

No, it doesn't conflict.
SR-PCIM interface is outside the scope of PCIe spec.
I completed the work in PCI spec to clarify this already, its coming in the 6.1 errata spec.

Non virtio device and Linux kernel both already has similar implementation in place and in use for more than a year.
So msix provisioning via AQ is fine. VF can expose new MSIX capability post reconfiguration via AQ.

We will be able to unify them across SRIOV and SIOV.
SIOV anyway has to wait as its undergoing significant changes currently.