Subject: RE: RE: [RFC] virtio-net: support access and control the member devices

Something like below.

struct virtio_field {
	le32 type;	/* contains the value of enum virtio_dev_field_type */
	le32 size;	/* size of the data field in bytes */
	u8 data[];
};

enum virtio_dev_field_type {
        VIRTIO_DEV_PCI_COMMON_CFG, 	/*  struct virtio_dev_common_cfg */
        VIRTIO_DEV_CFG_SPACE,	/* config space fields, for net  struct virtio_net_config etc */
        VIRTIO_DEV_QUEUE_CFG,	/* struct virtio_dev_q_cfg */
};

In your use case, it is VIRTIO_DEV_CFG_SPACE, just blob of data bytes.