Subject: RE: RE: RE: [RFC] virtio-net: support access and control the member devices

> From: Xuan Zhuo <xuanzhuo@linux.alibaba.com>
> Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2023 4:48 PM
>
> In some of our cases this was required.
> I think this should be done by cvq.

Admin command is what is suitable for device management, including features and configspace fields setup.
You can see in your patch that the whole group management infra needs to be built on cvq.

In future, there can be a group management device which may not be the parent PF.
When virtio matures there, same admin command will work on such group management device.
(for example for PF).