Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] Changes coming to this mail list system

Yes, the cut-over to the new system is now expected the first week of January. We've delayed the process, in part,ÂbecauseÂwe've found ways to shorten the downtime for the mail lists and are working on some of those implementation steps now in the background while the legacy systems continue to serve. Of course, closing in on the holidays os an issue as well factoring in the delay.

Two other notes:

I'll push the announcement to all other lists (non-member lists) this morning.

The migration plan changes will better ensure messages sent during the downtimeÂwill not be lost and the downtime will be less than we originally expected.

Hope that helps,

Scott...

On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 6:18âAM Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 05 2023, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org> wrote:

[dropped non-virtio lists, added the other virtio lists]

> The Transition Schedule
>
> Starting 14 December, there may be as much as several days of system
> downtime. During the downtime you will not receive email messages sent to
> this list or have access to the archive.
>
> We will announce the timing specific as we get closer to the transition.

I've received off-list notification that this change is now postponed to
January -- can you please confirm? It is important for us to plan how we
are going to proceed with the 1.3 version of the virtio spec. (And it
is of course also important for people reading those lists, who may not
have an account in the system.)

--

ScottÂMcGrath

Chief Operating Officer