Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] delta between branch 1.4 and master

On Wed, Jan 17 2024, Parav Pandit <parav@nvidia.com> wrote:

> Hi Cornelia,
>
> Currently virtio spec, 1.4 branch has 6 patches which are not present in master.
> And master branch has 16 patches which are not present in 1.4 branch.
>
> Is there a plan to sync both the trees?
> Patches should be sent against which branch master or 1.4?

This situation will be resolved by merging the 1.4 branch into master --
once 1.3 is finally done, which is waiting on voting and OASIS
processes, which is waiting on the OASIS infrastructure
migration... really sorry about the long delay, but if I had opened a
vote, I'm sure that Murphy would have scheduled the migration right in
the middle of the voting period. I will update once I have news.

If you have any patches, please base them on the 1.4 branch.