Subject: Re: [virtio] Starter Document in Latex format (was Re: [virtio] Starter Document for Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO)) Version 1.0

Hi Michael,

Waaay back at the beginning... the "transmittal message"...
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio/201311/msg00038.html

.. had the basic info, below:

[....]  When the TC votes [5] to approve a Working Draft as a Committee Draft (CSD or CND), the Chair or other designated person must submit a "Committee Specification Draft Creation and Upload Request" accessible on the TC Administration Requests Page [6].

[5] Approval of a WD as a CD (CSD or CND)
    https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/approving-a-committee-specification-or-note-draft
    https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeDraft
[6] TC Administration Requests Page, see Committee Specification Draft Creation / Upload Request
    https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests

Very briefly, ZIP up everything (one ZIP for csd01, one for csprd01) and load it to Kavi, and then have the TC vote to approve it.  After that, fill out the forms in [6] and we'll get started on publishing it.  By the TC Process, we can (if needed) adjust things on the front pages (through the TOC) after the TC approves it, but other changes are not allowed without re-approval.

For the first publication using LaTeX, it's best to give us (Chet and me) a look before having the TC approve it.

Best regards,
Paul

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:43:39PM -0500, Paul Knight wrote:
> Hi Michael and all,
> Please see below..
>
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>     Some questions:
>
>     I think we prefer the PDF version of the spec to
>     be authoritative one and not the HTML one.
>     Can we change the citation link to point to that?
>
> No, please don't... although the HTML may not be authoritative, we want the
> citation link to point to HTML for easiest retrieval.

Okay.
BTW in what way do we supply the files? Can chair just upload them?