voting message

Subject: A message from board Candidate Howard Shao

Voting Reps,

Below is a message from Howard Shao, candidate for the Board of Directors Special election.  I remind you of Howard’s replies to the member questions.  While his replies did not make it onto the ballot before it opened, they can be reviewed at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/download.php/3932/shao_questionairre.html

Scott….

To the OASIS Membership,

I would like to take this chance to re-iterate my interest in serving the OASIS membership on the OASIS Board.

As founder and CTO of Documentum, Inc I have been involved in and have overall responsibility for all standards activities for our company.  We feel that OASIS is a critical standards body and we have been actively involved in OASIS for many years.    As the founder of Documentum, I have experience with all aspects of management of a corporation from a small startup to a global public software company.  As CTO, I spend much of my time working with our global customers and partners and fully understand the need for technology standards alignment from both the end-user and provider standpoint.  As some of you may have heard, Documentum is about to become much larger, on October 14, 2003, Documentum’s strategic partner, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), signed a definitive agreement to acquire Documentum, Inc.

If elected to the OASIS Board, as part of Documentum/EMC I will do my utmost to represent all constituents of the OASIS membership, lend my experience to the OASIS management and fellow board members in helping OASIS grow and scale, and help drive standards alignment and adoption across the industry.

My answers to the member’s questions can be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/download.php/3932/shao_questionairre.html

Thank you for considering my nomination.

Sincerely,

Howard Shao