voting message

Subject: OASIS Board of Directors election - please vote now

Dear OASIS Members,

Please remember to vote in the current OASIS Board of Directors election.

Your choice of the members of the Board of Directors has an impact on the strategic direction of the organization and the policies that govern it, including the Bylaws, TC Process, IPR policy, and Member Section Policy to give some examples.  The Board of Directors is also working closely with Staff and the TAB on operational aspects of the organization including improving the  infrastructure used by members.

I am running for re-election to the Board and ask at that put me high in your list of preferred candidates (voting for a candidate requires them to be in the top 5 in your list and higher in the list indicates a stronger preference).

You can learn more about my position and work on the Board from my statement at http://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2010board/hirsch.php , however I can briefly say that I have been working in various roles to improve OASIS over a number of years. I am currently active as Secretary and in the Finance, IPR, Process and Governance committees.

I suggest you vote now, since the election ends next week, 23 June. To vote, Primary Contacts and alternate Voting Contacts can use the ballot at http://tools.oasis-open.org/election/2010/

I thank you in advance for  your support.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia