voting message

Subject: Election closes soon

Dear OASIS members,

I have been honored to serve as one of your Board members over the last two years and as its vice chair over the past year.

There have been some good results amongst the challenges.

OASIS is achieving its results through your participation and only through your participation.  What the OASIS Staff has succeeded in doing is to provide participation opportunities for you our members in a number of exciting new programs and for that we are all thankful.

I some of the high points for me were in the IPR Committee where as chair I have had the pleasure of seeing new policies implemented to provide a non-assert IPR mode option for new TCs.  Shortly you will also be seeing some changes in IPR policy that will clarify the means of performing specification maintenance which is a long overlooked area.

You might also have heard of the pending agreement between OASIS and WS-I by virtue of the announcement of our intent to combine.
Should the agreements become ratified in the next month, we will have demonstrated that OASIS has the strength and staying power to be the preferred place for structured information standards.  I am honored to have been selected by my colleagues to lead the negotiating team to reach what we hope will be a mutually beneficial agreement.  Of course it could not be done without the rest of the participants on both sides of the table all of whom I thank.

The point of this is that the OASIS Board is a team representing your interests and best operates when it melds the diverse views of its members.

I would be honored if once again you returned me to sit on the Board to represent you and to participate in this excellent team.  I remain open and available as always for your personal comments and suggestions as to how we might continue this institution in the way that best meets your needs.

Please do me the favor of ranking me highly amongst your selections.

thank you
Bob Freund
Hitachi, Ltd.

smime.p7s