voting message

Subject: OASIS Board Ballots

Dear :

  I am Haibo Li from China .  I write this email to introduce myself as a candidate for OASIS board election. I hereby with all my respect, to earnestly request your vote for me as the new OASIS board.

  I truly believe I am the person with the right influence to introduce OASIS works to the grant industry and market with 1.3Billion people - China; and reversely bring all the China standard activities and intelligence to OASIS ? making it an even more successful and impactful SDO. Following are facts you might consider to qualify me as a suitable OASIS board member:

1.       China Electrics Standard Institute (CESI), the China SDO I’ve served for 15+ years, is the China top authority of IT standardization and the think tank of government regulation and policies. CESI also the only representative of China government in China national body in ISO/IEC/JTC1.

2.       Due to my close collaboration with OASIS headquarter and China representatives, CESI formally joined OASIS in 2013 and setup a long-term cooperation agreement. Furthermore, I and my team members successfully setup a “Key-Value Database API” TC in OASIS. I introduced both key China standard members (e.g., Huawei) and a China national standard “Key-Value Database API specification” as the initial input for this TC. This China standard is also developed under my supervision in CESI.

3.       In Int’l standardization SDOs, I was the editor of ISO/IEC TR30102 “General Technical Principles of SOA”. And I’m leading a team who is leading and driving China national body activities in ISO/IEC SC38 on Cloud computing and SOA standardizations.

4.       As one of the most senior members worked for CESI for 15+ years, I’ve leaded the IT/Software standardization division since the year 2008. Under my leadership, my standard team have successfully published 12 China national standards in past 6 years; and 13 more drafts will be published soon. The technical field covers Cloud computing, Software engineering, SOA and Middleware, enterprise credibility and Document formats.

5.       My current responsibility covers both SmartCity and Internet of Things (IoT) standardizations in China. I’m leading the China standard working group and working on defining the overall standard architectures, and key data InterOp specifications. I’m also the owner of standardization process in CESI from a national standard project setup to its final approval.

  To conclude, I earnestly and kindly ask you to think about the unique value I can bring to OASIS ? and also to your organization if you also look for expand you impact to China or know China better ? I’m the right choice for you and the community.

Thanks and best regards

Haibo Li

李海波

工业和信息化部电子工业标准化研究院