voting message

Subject: OASIS board election

Hello fellow OASIS voting representatives,

As you know, the ballot for the Board of Directors is open until June 29:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2822. Your participation in the voting process is critical to both the achievement of OASIS goals and to reach quorum.

I respectfully request your support for my bid for a position on the OASIS Board of Directors. My full candidate profile is available at https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2015board/tolbert.php

I was honored to receive the OASIS Distinguished Contributor Award in 2014.  My work on OASIS Technical Committees spans nearly a decade.  My passion for and commitment to OASIS standards is fueled by a vision to expand this important work.

I am interested in becoming an OASIS Director to represent the needs of IT startups as well as enterprise and government customers. As Director, I will advocate for the creation of government and IT startup member sections (https://www.oasis-open.org/member-sections/forming). Expansion of the relationships and collaboration between OASIS and other international standards organizations, as well as industry verticals, will be a key objective. In addition, I intend to explore ways to streamline the standards creation process to improve timeliness and increase utilization of the specifications created by our technical committees.

Please feel free to contact me directly with comments and questions.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

John Tolbert

john.tolbert@queraltinc.com

+1 253-670-5322