voting message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [voting] Your responsibility to vote in special Board ballot

Dear OASIS Voting Member,

I am running for the current open board of directors seat. The reason I am running is I believe I can help OASIS get to the next level as a standards body, without failing in to the traps that have impacted other SDOs. OASIS has real potential, both from a prestige and a tooling aspect to enable great technical work to move forward.

As a member, co-chair, or editor of several TCs and WGs across OASIS, IETF, and IEEE I have intimate knowledge in how standards work, how they should work, and what process and policies make them successful.

I would appreciate your vote. You can find the ballot here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3159

Bret Jordan CISSP
Director, Office of the CTO
Symantec Corporation