voting message

Subject: OASIS is a Federation

Dear fellow OASIS members,

Vision and philosophy matter. More than a decade ago at an OASIS Board of Directors meeting, I introduced the idea that OASIS is a federation, a virtue and competitive advantage that must be nurtured and enhanced. At the time, I was met with more than a few looks of incomprehension. However, over time, this viewpoint has gained considerable traction within OASIS and the Board itself.

The OASIS governance model is quite deliberately focused on enabling a broad, adaptive, agile, and open community; eschewing an approach that is monolithic and tightly-coupled, as well as the imposition of centralized architecture committees and other gatekeepers. You can see the strength of this philosophy in the breadth of our OASIS TCs. They cover such diverse areas as cloud, cyberthreat, Internet of Things, legal, government, privacy, identity, security, energy, e-commerce, emergency management, supply chain, and many more.

Over the years, I have had the privilege and honor to have met and worked with hundreds of OASIS members. Today, many OASIS members intuitively embrace the ideals of federation, if not the label. OASIS continues to require Directors who can leap beyond narrow interests, and embrace the opportunities implicit in a changing, diverse community of technologists, thinkers, and innovators that OASIS will always need to thrive.

I encourage you, as you consider your ballot one final time, to focus on candidates that have a proven, organizational commitment openness, transparency, agility, and membership value. My record and my reputation in OASIS and other international organizations speak for themselves. Please support my reelection.

Lastly, as I have made plain before, please feel free to drop me a line now or at any time. My email again is: paul.lipton@ca.com

And, one more time, for your convenience:

* Paul Lipton Qualifications and Bio: https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2018board/lipton.ph
* Board Annual Election Ballot - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3214
* Board Special Election Ballot - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3215

Sincerely yours,