Subject: Planning possible Paris PAC meeting

Scott McGrath sent this to the OASIS committee chairs:

| Several folks have requested meeting in Paris.  Please know that
| the early discussion relative to having TC meetings prior to the
| beginning of XML Europe-- on Thursday the 8th and Friday the 9th
| has been superceded by the current thinking that all work can be
| accomplished coinciding with the XML conference.  Please advise me
| asap of your tentative meeting needs in Paris--and most
| importantly, if you need to meet prior to the XML conference.  All
| meetings will be scheduled to coincide with the conference unless
| anyone states otherwise.

Now, the fact is that I am hoping to be done before Paris, but I
think we have to have a contingency plan in place.  My impression
is that most of us have other OASIS committee roles and that in
general we can't schedule the PAC as if it were just another OASIS
committee without generating a lot of conflicts.  So I propose
that we adopt exactly the opposite strategy from the one Scott is
proposing and tell him that we *do* want to schedule a PAC meeting
outside of the conference schedule.

On the other hand, scheduling a meeting for 6/8 or 6/9 puts me in
Europe a lot earlier than I was planning to be there.  (I'm
planning to stick around with my family for a while *after* the
conference, but not before it.)  So given that this is a fallback
we hope not to use, how does asking Scott to reserve us a room on
Sunday 6/11 sound to y'all?

Jon