Subject: RE: AND's membership in OASIS & meeting 20th

To clarify: a submission from an individual member would not become an OASIS
resolution. The way that we produce resolutions is via our Technical
Committees.

> > Could you please specify "putting it forward"?  Would that be
> > a submission to OASIS, the CIQ TC, both?

Anyone can submit a spec to XML.ORG, for public viewing and access.

> 	[PLG] As there is already a proposal on the table, I am
> 	not sure what the correct procedure should be and perhaps
> 	Norbert can chime in here.
>
> 	Norbert, if AND decide to put their Address model forward,
> 	should they send it to the OASIS Advisory Committee on
> 	Technical Committees (ACTC) and should the ACTC then
> 	decide if it should be a new work item or if the ACTC
> 	should mediate with the CIQ TC. Or, should AND submit the
> 	Address model to the CIQ TC for consideration as the
> 	CIQ proposal already has an address model?

The correct process is to make the mailing list discussion group aware of
your specification and to initiate a dialog amongst the members of the
group -- we would hope with a view to unifying the efforts.

> > What do you mean by "catalogue entry"? Is this the XML.ORG
> > catalogue? Would this be only a reference such as "AND has an
> > address DTD" or do we have to file the DTD itself?
> > Many questions - but I have to make a sensible proposal for
> > our Address people here, with still limited knowledge!
>
> 	[PLG] Yes, by catalogue entry, I meant the current
> 	XML.ORG catalogue. The link can point to information about
> 	the DTD, the DTD, or to info about AND, if the existing
> 	links are any indication - Laura, please correct me if
> 	I am wrong here.

You are correct. But understand that the XML.ORG catalog (the precursor to
the registry and repository) is not solely for OASIS technical work. It's a
community resource, and is therefore available to all, without regard to
there being an OASIS TC.

I hope this clarifies.