ws-brsp message

Subject: reminder of C1, C2, C3, C4 comments categories

Reminder of what these IDs mean (not reused in:

Bucket C1: need not be addressed: the TC can ignore it, i.e. no change in the spec (although we’ll explain why in our comment disposition)

Bucket C2: need a non-material spec change (see definition below) that the TC should do, for the sake of spec quality and also because editorial requirements may need this for OS status.

Bucket C3: need a material spec change: the fix may affect implementations and the normative meaning of the specification.

Bucket C4: don’t know exactly where to classify this comment (1,2,3?)

Non-Material Change" is any change to the content of a Work Product (i.e. specification) that does not add or remove any feature of the Work Product and that: (a) constitutes only error corrections, editorial changes, or formatting changes;…”. A Non-material comment does not require another public review, when fixed.

-jacques