Subject: RE: [ws-caf] discussion on approaches for web services/ business transaction

Mark Little wrote:

> There are good reasons for having specific protocols and against
generic ones

Sure. Tightly-coupled internal transactions...

> and on occassion vice versa.

Loosely-coupled external transactions, especially spanning different
companies.

> You could propose a protocol to be included in WS-TXM
> (even BTP I suppose) that accomplished the things you want to see.

As I explained to you previously, my purpose is not to promote BTP, but
to promote convergence to one unified business transaction protocol for
loosely-coupled transactions.
(Or at least an exploration of the practicality of a unified protocol.)

The BTP list happens to be one place where I meet people who are
interested in the same goal.

If WS-CAF explores some use cases, it might happen here, too.