Subject: demo summary

Hi,

Per my action item from the last call, here's the high level description of the WS-Context demo scheduled for XML 2004.

Eric

When Web serviecs from multiple sites are used in combination, shared, persistent context is often required to ensure correct results are obtained from multiple, related operations such as those supported by a shopping cart shared across e-commerce sites. The WS-Composite Application Framework's WS-Context provides a standard solution to sharing important contextual information such as username/password, credit card data, and shopping cart contents. The WS-Context sample application demonstrates interoperability among three vendor implementations. The application is based on the WS-I Sample Application Retailer Service. Each vendor provides a Web based storefront that uses WS-Context to share customer information so that a user can purchase goods from all three stores as if the user was interacting with a single storefront. Arjuna, IONA, and Oracle are participating in the demo.