Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Revised MustUnderstand Proposal

The proposal doesn't seem to say anything about mustUnderstand ! Is the
text complete ? Taking the whole, it might have had a paragraph saying
what a receiver was to do if it understood the header in general, but
not in detail.

SOAP 1.2 says "A SOAP header block is said to be understood by a SOAP
node if the software at that SOAP node has been written to fully conform
to and implement the semantics specified for the XML expanded name of
the outer-most element information item of that header block".

Does an soap header-specifying spec (like ws-caf) have then to define
its own "header not fully understood" fault, or can it interpret "fully
conform to and implement" as including the effects of values which are
not recognised, but known (by their placement or type) to be critical to
the full implementation of the senders intent.  It would seem mildly
perverse of SOAP to say we must define our own fault merely because they
have been selfish with theirs :-)

Peter