Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Context query

Dear Kevin,

As Martin knows, I have been concentrating on another standards effort over
the last few days, but can now spend a little time on CAF again - this by
way of an apology for being slow to reply again!!

I would like to explore the technical changes made / we are making, to make
sure that I (and perhaps others) know about them and understand their
implications.

In the version of the Context schema that you sent me as being a latter
revision than the currently available one, the context element is still
present but now defined as being abstract.

<xs:element name="context" type="tns:ContextType" abstract="true"/>

Some questions/points:
1)  Why is the context element made abstract rather than the context
complexType?

2) Because this element is now defined as being 'abstract' it can not be
used in instance documents, a member of its 'substitution group' must be
used instead.  No such substitution elements are defined in the Context
schema so they must be defined elsewhere (note this applies equally to the
context 'parameter' of the content and set-content messages).  I presume
this is the intent, but we need to make sure that this is done in the
referencing specification schema.

3)  Could you please send me the revised WSDL as the contextMessage in the
old(/publicly available current version) gets broken by this change.

Thanks and Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
 tony.fletcher@choreology.com    amfletcher@iee.org       (also
tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com)