Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Cancelling Monday's call

Title: RE: [ws-caf] Cancelling Monday's call

We need to distinguish between WS-CF and WS-Context. The discussion is around WS-Context as a standard and not WS-CF. There are a number of WS-Context users out there (including JBoss/Redhat) and I think it has utility in being standardised.

I also think the reality of why BTP wasn't standardised is slightly different: there was a massive overlap between BTP and other efforts. There is no overlap with WS-Context.

From: Alastair Green [mailto:alastair.green@choreology.com]
Sent: Mon 17/04/2006 18:28
To: Martin Chapman
Cc: 'Newcomer, Eric'; ws-caf@lists.oasis-open.org

WS-Context exists but level of usage dubious. BTP had good grace never
to attempt to get standard status once clear it was a "boutique
standard". Suggest WS-CAF shows similar self-discipline. WS-CF pointless
without referencing specs -- see difficulty of truly disentangling
WS-Coordination from its users in WS-TX. Mark right that standards in
this area without IBM/MS backing will not succeed. Arjuna/IONA defection
to WS-TX was kiss of death. Oracle right to recognize that reality and
shift focus to WS-TX. RIP.

Alastair