ws-calendar-comment message

Subject: Support for simple, linear sequence of intervals

My main observation is that it doesn’t appear that you can navigate your way through a sequence of intervals – you need to keep stepping back and searching for the next uid. The attached .png shows what I’m gathering is the way to capture a simple, linear sequence. Looks like you need to search for the uid when going from a LinkType to the next IntervalType.

Secondly, while it seems to support many different kinds of collections of intervals and is therefore pretty powerful, it doesn’t seem very easy to do the simple stuff – i.e. most people will likely do simple linear sequences most of the time. In the ASHRAE SPC201P FSGIM committee, while we are inheriting WS-Cal and are using it for the general case, we created a way to do this simple case directly. As I recall, I think that’s the Sequence class which contains an ordered set of SimpleIntervals.

You might consider supporting the simple case more directly.

- Steve

Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.

Distinguished Research Fellow

Carnegie Mellon University