Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - Web Services Calendar (WS-Calendar) TC - 12 March 2010

Draft minutes of the TC meeting are available at

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/36977/
Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20100312_Draft.txt

Regards,

Gershon Janssen

---
DRAFT MINUTES
Web Services Calendar (WS-Calendar) TC
12 March 2010 12:00pm ET, 06:00pm CET

Call-In Information:

Australia: +61 (0) 7 3123 6030
Austria: +43 (0) 7 20881407
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4297
Canada: +1-778-785-0724
Denmark: +45 69 91 88 70
Finland: +358 942 599 697
France: +33 (0) 182 880 463
Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6464
Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 983
Italy: +39 0553989569
Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 385
New Zealand: +64 (0) 4 974 7216
Norway: +47 21 04 29 13
Spain: +34 955329911
Sweden: +46 (0) 313 613 559
Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 55
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 318 4725
United States: +1-626-521-0010

Access Code: 114-622-898

No need for an audio PIN

Thanks to LONMARK for the conference call support.

NEW ACTION ITEMS:

	None

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll call, Agenda review

Meeting Attendees

Name  			Company  			Status
-----			-------				------
Toby Considine 		University of North Carolina 	Group Member
Gershon Janssen 	Individual 			Group Member
David Thewlis 		CalConnect 			Group Member
William Cox 		Cox Software Architects LLC 	Group Member
Robert Old 		Siemens AG 			Group Member
Benoit Lepeuple		LonMark International*		Group Member
Ed Koch 		Akuacom Inc. 			Group Member
Carl Mattocks 		CheckMi* 			Group Member
Bernard	Desruisseaux	Oracle Corporation		Observer
Eric Chan		Oracle Corporation		Observer

Addition to Agenda: review of
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/36821/
WS-Calendar-1%200-spec-wd-01.pdf

1. Minutes Approval

Meeting minutes of 05 March 2010
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/36828
/Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20100305_Draft.txt)are approved unanimously.

2. FYI / announcements from Chair, Secretary, Liaison

No announcements or information to share from chair, secretary, liaison.

3. Open Action Item Review and Discussion

Bill Cox: Please track action items on the WS-Calendar page (top nav) - I
like to put links for the completing work into the action item and select
notify the group when closing so you can easily find the output.
Gershon Janssen: TC to update all action items in Kavi as of this meeting,
per the suggestion of Bill.

- AI20100305-001 - Toby Considine: Request Jira access for the TC Issues
list

	Action item open.

- AI20100305-002 - Toby Considine: Update TC homepage

	Frontpage has been updated; action item completed.

- AI20100305-003 - William Cox: create a draft FAQ

	FAQ will be created later; action item open.

- AI20100305-004 - Carl Mattocks: contribute uses cases on ebXML RegReg

	Overview of ebxml registry process, and how use cases will come to
the
	TC; action item open.

- AI20100305-005 - William Cox: send a draft overview of more detailed tasks
for the TC to the list

	Planning will be entered later into the group; action item open.

4. Discuss issues

* Discussion before start of meeting:
Toby Considine: Side conversation on line before meeting on desirability of
a format forward compatible with HTML5 etc to express schedules and events,
as well as a shout out to CalConnect and the IETF as the path to make this
happen
Dave Thewlis: Toby: I think if HTML 5 does something compatible with
iCalendar and xCal then it will solve that issue.  What HTML 5 did have in
it was broken and my understanding has been removed; that's VEVENT and
VTODO.
Dave Thewlis: My understanding is that the problem was that the VEVENT/VTODO
stuff put in HTML 5 was very backlevel.
Toby Considine: Dave T: matches my understanding as well

* review of
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/36821/
WS-Calendar-1%200-spec-wd-01.pdf

Gershon Janssen: T: Discussion on WS-Calendar working draft spec document as
uploaded by Toby.
Dave Thewlis: Toby: You asked about a new iMIP.  The spec is being updated
and there will be a new RFC but apparently it is just cleanup.
Gershon Janssen: T:Elaborates on differents aspects we would like to include
in the spec
T:Toby will send thoughts on calendaring through the list for discussion in
next meetings.
Gershon Janssen: T: Points out the conformance targets part we will need to
pay attention to
Gershon Janssen: J: Firm understanding of what will be in the spec we're
creating, related to required functionality
Gershon Janssen: T: Call to everybody to send use cases to the list for
consideration.
Gershon Janssen: What will eventually come out of our work? XML spec?
Gershon Janssen: T: Depends on what the group will decide on / what we would
like to accomplish.
Gershon Janssen: B: Reuse things we can reuse, don't reinvent things.

5. Any Other Business?

* Request to send items for discussion
Gershon Janssen: T: Requests to send in items at least two days before the
next meeting for discussion.

6. Adjourn
Gershon Janssen: Meeting adjourned.