Subject: RE: [ws-calendar] Groups - WS-Calendar-1 0-spec-wd-06.pdf uploaded

Excellent points all.

Contract is meant to be a web service contract, which is only tangentially a business contract. Without a contract (something we are requesting, or notifying, some xml payload which is expected to elicit a response, what do we have?

I welcome suggestions....

Define what a contract means in web services?
Some other words?

I agree that the repetition, an artifact of editing is not good.

Yeah, degenerate only makes sense to a biologist. Your appendix and the cave-fish are both degenerate. Will re-work.

As to sequence, there is no guarantee, nor valid expectation that a set of xml objects will maintain order when processed and re-processed. Hence each needs a sequence (A then B then C then D). Other sequences and other technologies may have different constraints.

I put the sequence words in yellow, because they need discussion (as you identified)
B may follow A
A may precede B
A and B may need to start at the same time
A and B may need to finish at the same time.
D may have a requirement of finishing before J is scheduled to start.

I was trying to reach for the basic project sequencing requirements.

Thanks, Gale...

tc

"If flies are allowed to vote, how meaningful would a poll on what to have for dinner be, and what would be on the menu?" -  Unknown

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu