Subject: 15-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request for WS-CalendarVersion 1.0

The following submission request for publication of a CSPRD was
conveyed to TC Admin via the JIRA issues tracker.  -rcc

15-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request for WS-Calendar Version 1.0

Submitter's Name
   Toby Considine
TC Name
   WS-Calendar
TC Email Address
   [1]ws-calendar@lists.oasis-open.org
Work Product Title
   WS-Calendar Version 1.0
Committee Specification Draft ##
   03

CSD URI
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41530/ws-calendar-v1.0-wd19.zip

Additional Resources
[3] http://the.whole.thing/was/rewritten

Approval Link
[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/41619/Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20110325_Draft.txt
(public URI: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41619/Minutes-WS-Calendar-TC-20110325-Draft.txt )

Previous Public Review Announcement
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201009/msg00011.html

Abstract

The WS-Calendar specification adapts the existing specifications for
calendaring and apply them to a new specification for how schedule and event
information is passed between and within services. The standard adopts the
semantics and vocabulary of iCalendar for application to the completion of web
service contracts. WS Calendar builds on work done and ongoing in The
Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium (CalConnect), which works to increase
interoperation between calendaring systems, and the Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF).

TC Description
   The specification describes how to specify a sequence of services, how to
schedule them, and how to invoke them. The specification was developed to
support use cases in smart grids and smart energy, but it supports any sort of
coordinated activities between domains. The committee explicitly considered
coordination between energy coordination, enterprise systems, building systems,
and financial markets.
> The specification also defines a conforming model for inheritance to reduce
duplication of expression when similar services are requested in a recurring
schedule.
> Since the last review, the specification has added the vavailability object, a
means of expressing recurring patterns of times and dates that is already used
repeatedly other specifications. Reviewers may wish to review that specification
which provides the normative description of the information model.
Notification List
   'Dr. David Wollman' (david.wollman@nist.gov), 'David Holmberg'
(david.holmberg@nist.gov), Stuart McCafferty (stuart@enernex.com)

Notes
   In terms of diff, you can assume that the entire document has been re-written.

> Thank you for your request. We will confirm receipt and schedule the public
review shortly. You can follow the progress at:

[1] mailto:ws-calendar@lists.oasis-open.org

--

Robin Cover
Interim TC Administrator