Subject: 15-Day Committee Specification Draft Public Review Request forWS-Calendar Version 1.0

The following request has been submitted to the OASIS TC Administrator on 28/05/2011:

Submitter's Name: Toby Considine
TC Name: WS-Calendar
TC Email Address: ws-calendar@lists.oasis-open.org
Work Product Title: WS-Calendar Version 1.0
Committee Specification Draft ##: 03
CSD URI: http://in.process
Additional Resources:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/42334/ws-calendar-v1.0-wd25-package.zip
or http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42334/ws-calendar-v1.0-wd25-package.zip
Approval Link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/42341/Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20110527.docx
or http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42341/Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20110527.docx

Previous Public Review Announcement:
http://markmail.org/message/x6lhruc3yxzmo5lq?q=ws-calendar+list:org%2Eoasis-open%2Elists%2Etc-announce&page=1
Abstract:
The WS-Calendar specification adapts the existing specifications for
calendaring and apply them to a new specification for how schedule and event
information is passed between and within services. The standard adopts the
semantics and vocabulary of iCalendar for application to the completion of
web service contracts. WS Calendar builds on work done and ongoing in The
Calendaring and Scheduling
Consortium (CalConnect), which works to increase interoperation
between calendaring systems, and the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF).

The specification describes how to specify a sequence of services, how to
schedule them, and how to invoke them. The specification was developed to
support use cases in smart grids and smart energy, but it supports any sort
of coordinated activities between domains. The committee explicitly
considered coordination between energy coordination, enterprise systems,
building systems, and financial markets.

The WS-Calendar specification also defines a conforming model for inheritance
to reduce duplication of expression when similar services are requested in a
recurring schedule.
TC Description:
The OASIS Web Services Calendar (WS-Calendar) Technical Committee
was chartered to adapt the existing specifications for calendaring
and apply them to develop a standard for how schedule and event
information is passed between and within services. The standard
should adopt the semantics and vocabulary of iCalendar for
application to the completion of web service contracts.

Notification List:
Notes: Since the last review, numerous minor edits have applied across the
document, and numerous things that were unclear have been made clearer. Of
more substance, the REST and SOAP comunications services were removed from
the specification as they were not ready at this time. The TC work plan is to
bring them back in as part of a later vrsion of the specification

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-516

> The Standards Development team.
Regards,
Paul
--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society