Subject: Note on charter clarification

Members of the WS-Calendar TC,

I saw in the last minutes the question about how long it takes to
modify the charter so I just thought I would give you all the steps
and the requirements.

As I recall, this is a proposal to clarify the charter in order to
properly state the relationship between the work of the TC and the
work of CalConnect - that's my paraphrase in any case.

TC Process describes charter clarification as follows:

---
2.11 TC Charter Clarification

A TC may clarify its Charter only for the purpose of removing
ambiguity or for narrowing the scope of the topic defined by the
Charter. The TC may not broaden or otherwise change its scope of the
topic of work. The list of deliverables may be expanded only if the
new deliverables are within the scope of the topic.

Approval for clarification shall require a Special Majority Vote of
the TC. The clarification of the Charter may occur no earlier than the
first meeting of the TC. The TC Chair shall notify the TC
Administrator that a motion has been made to clarify the Charter, and
the TC Administrator shall set up and conduct the ballot.

The TC Administrator may prevent the proposed clarification from
coming to vote if it is not in conformance with OASIS policies. The TC
Administrator must within 15 days either open the ballot or reply to
the TC with the reason why the change cannot be voted upon. The
clarified Charter shall not take effect until approved and announced
by the TC Administrator. The TC Administrator shall publicize approved
changes as specified in Section 2.8 and any revisable publicly visible
description (e.g., web page) promulgated by the TC shall be updated to
reflect such changes.
---

Assuming there is no reason to judge the changes "not in conformance,"
I will set the ballot up as soon as possible after receipt. As next
week is the annual staff meeting for OASIS in Burlington, I would
probably not get it set up then. However, sounds like you all still
need to finish work on the language & approve it.

The Special Majority Vote required must stay open for a minimum of 7
days. If the measure passes, I will make the appropriate announcements
and updates after it closes.

I know that Bill has been working on the language revisions themselves
with Jamie. We don't have a TC Admin request form for this, so once
you are ready to start the ballot, please send me an email with a
request to start the ballot for charter clarification along with a
link to the revised charter language. I ask that the revision be a
diff'ed version - or include a diff'ed version along with the proposed
new language - so that anyone reviewing can quickly see what has been
changed. I will enter a TC Admin JIRA ticket for the ballot and
initiate it.

Please let me know if you have any questions...

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472