Subject: Workshop meeting next week on Feeds and Syndication

With no agenda this week, we cancelled the call and then several of us has a long, rambling general conversation.

Out of that conversation, Mike and I think we need a general conversation on Feeds and Syndication. In general, publishing is described by ITIP. We can say “ITIP by REST” and “ITIP by SOAP”, but what does that mean?

One thing that I think it means is that there is a way to place standard queries of some sort into requests for Syndication. If the essential model for feeds and syndication is “RSS for Calendars”, there should be a way to restrict the feed. Two modes that come to mind are “Restrict feed to events/meetings w/i this vAvailability”. Another is “restrict feeds to within this Geo-Location”

So: Next Week: Feeds and Syndication.

This will be a *workshop meeting*, with no roll-call, no formal business, and no effect on voting status.

Further musings on Syndication:

http://www.newdaedalus.com/articles/2012/3/11/easy-integration-of-the-internet-with-things-calendar-subscr.html

Submit your own agenda items.

tc

"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."
-Pablo Neruda.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com