Subject: Platform-Independent Model for WS-Calendar uploaded (D8)

We've discussed this project for quite a while. The "Platform" in this case are the details of parameters, valuetypes, and the structure of xcal.

The goal was to create a more abstract model related to the less abstract model, to make the ws-calendar extensions and their relationships more clear. This may be useful in extending the reach of the intervals and gluons of WS-Calendar to new areas, while clarifying their relationships.

I've uploaded an Enterprise Architect EAP file and a jpg of the class diagrams; comments welcome.

We've used the approach of a single abstract PayloadType class for the attachments mechanism, as this works well in many other environments (and avoids the dreaded "any" in XSD).

Known issues:

Vavailability is overly simplified

Streams are pretty close to a PIM themselves.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox