Subject: RE: [ws-calendar] PROPOSED AGENDA - Web Services Calendar (WS-Calendar) TC - 13 April 2012

For the last month, we have discussed several aspects of syndication, meaning calendar synchronization. In the last weeks, I have been pulled into conversations about Gluon as Syndication point,  leading to cross-platform, cross system, cross organization scheduling of Sequences as sub-routines.

I think the clarity of Bill’s PIM leads naturally into this space. I think it also creates some interesting use cases to build upon the SOAP and REST transports.

Perhaps if the PIM complete we can go there. The PIM, though, deserves as much time as it takes.

tc

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."   - George Orwell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu