Subject: WS-Calendar CSD needs conformance clauses before it can be published as a Committee Spec

Members of the WS-Calendar TC,

When we began work on preparing the Committee Specification for WS-Calendar Calendar Update and Synchronization with REST-based Services Version 1.0, we discovered that the draft lacked the conformance clauses section. For Committee Specifications, that section is required. As a result, I have stopped work on the CS.

I ask that you to do the following:

- Create a new Working Draft with the conformance clauses added
- Approve it as usual as a Committee Specification Draft and approve it be released for public review
- After that round of public review - and assuming no further material changes are needed - request a new Special Majority Vote to approve it as a Committee Specification

I apologize to you all for not catching this before you held the ballot.

If it is helpful, here is a link to the TAB's 'Guidelines to Writing Conformance Clauses' - http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html

And in addition to the conformance clauses in WS-Calendar (http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/ws-calendar-spec/v1.0/cs01/ws-calendar-spec-v1.0-cs01.html#_Toc296626553) here are links to some other samples of conformance clauses I think work well:

EMIX: http://docs.oasis-open.org/emix/emix/v1.0/cs02/emix-v1.0-cs02.html#_Toc319594588

Energy Interoperation: http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs02/energyinterop-v1.0-cs02.html#_Toc319920934

KMIP (these are extremely detailed): http://docs.oasis-open.org/kmip/profiles/v1.1/cs01/kmip-profiles-v1.1-cs01.html#_Toc332820732

AMQP: http://docs.oasis-open.org/amqp/core/v1.0/cos01/amqp-core-overview-v1.0-cos01.html#section-conformance

BIAS SOAP Profile: http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/os/biasprofile-v1.0-os.html#_Toc327794278

Search Web Services: http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/cs01/part2-sru1.2/searchRetrieve-v1.0-cs01-part2-sru1.2.html#_Toc313357199

Thanks in advance for your understanding and please let me know if I can answer any questions on this or help in any way.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298