Subject: 31 January 2014 meeting

Assuming we're meeting, I'd like to discuss specifics of additional PIM examples and how to publish them.

In the PIM WD07 (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/51997/ws-calendar-pim-v1.0-wd07.pdf ), done after the review during the meeting on 17 January, there are several remaining issues prior to public review:
  • Examples to reasonably complete section 5 (list is in the PDF page 25-27) need to be discussed
  • Details of how to go from the PIM to the WS-Calendar 1.0 PSM (section 6) is not written
  • Section 7 specifics between PIM & IEC TC57 CIM is not written
  • Section 2 - Architecture - could use an example of how transforms through the PIM simplify mapping across PSMs (practical example showing benefits of consistent object model and definitions and conformance)
  • Linking issues - as discovered during the call
  • DurationValueType and where ToleranceValueType is used; fixed for gap; broader issues should be at least clear for public review (where does tolerance apply, and how?)
  • Resolve attachType (artifact, uri, text) - what's needed for PIM and transform to WS-Calendar PSM?

There were several actions identified; I apologize for not posting my detailed notes to Gershon and the list

Action 1: Bill do lots of stuff
Action 2: Mike post unified linking draft for iCalendar/WS-Calendar (RFC draft(s)) (done 1/17)

I think our goal should be to complete what's needed for the initial public review and get it out the door. The examples seem almost more important than the details of the model, as the core types (IntervalType and GluonType and their relationships) have been stable for quite a long time.

Thanks!

bill

--
William Cox