ws-dd message

Subject: Issue 040 - DPWS - PresentationURL in ThisDevice instead ofThisModel metadata

This issue is assigned the number 040. For further discussions on this issue, please refer to this issue number or use this thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Mensch [mailto:antoine.mensch@odonata.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:09 PM
To: Ram Jeyaraman

Please defer discussions on this issue until a time this issue is
accepted and is assigned a number.

Document: DPWS
Location (defaults to line number): 376
Owner: Antoine Mensch

in some use cases, we have found that having the PresentationURL
property at the ThisModel level (normally using a relative URL) rather
than at the ThisDevice level has been problematic. This is the case for
instance when the PresentationURL is served by an existing Web server on
the device that does not share its HTTP port with the DPWS Web Services
stack. We have managed to work around the problem by using redirect
mechanisms, but they are clearly more complex to implement than simply
setting a property.

Proposed resolution:
Move PresentationURL to ThisDevice