Subject: Re: [ws-rx-editors] Groups - WS-RX_CS-01_DirStructured.zip uploaded

ACK receipt.  I confess that I've not been tracking closely with
all your spec drafts, but I'll endeavor to look at this ZIP material
today.

Also, in passing... I noted Paul Fremantle's "First draft of the submission package"
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx-editors/200703/msg00008.html

Please forgive me if the issue I call out has already been dealt with:

The submission package outline appears to conform to

"3.4 Approval of an OASIS Standard"
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.4

In this connection, I note the language of
"2.18 Specification Quality"
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.18

"...
A specification may be composed of any number of files
of different types, though any such multi-part specification

must have a single specification name and version number.

Irrespective of the number and status of the constituent parts, the
specification as a whole must be approved by a single TC ballot.

Any change made to a specification requires a new version or
revision number, except for changes made to the title page
and in the running footer noting the approval status and date,
which must be made after the approval of the specification.

* single specification name
* [single] version number
* approved by a single TC ballot

The provisional text for "First draft of the submission package"
could be seen as reflecting the TC's intent to make ONE submission,
since in section "(d)" I read:

(d) A clear English-language summary of the specification;
[...]

The WS-ReliableMessaging 1.1 specification...
The WS-ReliableMessaging Policy 1.1 specification
The WS-MakeConnection 1.0 specification

That would be a "multi-part specification", I think.

And so, if there is to be ONE submission for this material:

1) what is the "single specification name"?
2) what is the single version number?

In other words, as I understand the TC Process, if the WS-RX
TC wants to have the material submitted and balloted (at the
OASIS Member level, for OS) as a "specification" (singular),
it will have to be constructed to meet requirements "1)" and "2)".

Of course, nothing said above is official: please see your
TC Staff Contact person for authoritative interpretations.

I do know we've faced some expectation mis-matches on this point
in the past.

Cheers,

Robin

============

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 gilbert.pilz@bea.com wrote:

> Here are the CS-01 files in their appropriate directory structure including
RDDLs. I've changed the links in the RDDL files to be relative, so you can
test the links before Robin actually deploys these.

> - the RDDL'er

 -- Gilbert Pilz

The document named WS-RX_CS-01_DirStructured.zip has been submitted by
Gilbert Pilz to the WS-RX Editors SC document repository.

Document Description:
CS-01 files in the appropriate directory structure

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx-editors/document.php?document_id=22686

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx-editors/download.php/22686/WS-RX_CS-01_DirStructured.zip