Subject: Prelim Minutes of WSRX TC Conf call 7/7

Date:  Thursday, 07 July 2005

Prasanta

Behera

Observer

VISA International

Vadim

Furman

Voting Member

webMethods, Inc.*

The following person joined the call after roll and will be reflected in the final minutes

Blake Dournaee

Sarvega, Inc.

According to Kavi calculation, the meeting was quorate

 Voting Members: 46 of 58 (79%) (used for quorum calculation)

2         Review and Approval of Agenda

Draft Agenda:

Agenda:

1) Roll Call

2) Review and approval of the agenda

3) Approval of the Palo Alto F2F meeting minutes

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13388/MinutesWSRXFormation.htm

4) Administrivia

   Volunteer(s) for providing dial-in facility for the future conf-calls

   Any other administrative issues

5) AI Review

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

6) Update from the Editors Team

7) TC Milestones/Calendar for the next year

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13442/2005-Jul-07-ws-rx-milestones.ppt

8) Specification development/issue life cycle process

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13440/2005-Jul-07-ws-rx-Spec%20Issue%20Process.ppt

9) Issues Management (Format/Tools/Conventions)

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200507/msg00020.html

10) Recap of issues discussed on emails so far

    a> Source based delivery QoS policy assertion

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00055.html

    b> Destination to declare delivery QoS policies

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00046.html

    c> Granularity (per operation vs. per portType) of delivery QoS policies

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00053.html

    d> Single sequence to span multiple ports

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00059.html

11) Pick one of the above issues and discuss resolution

12) Any other business

Paul C wanted to report on the arrangements for the F2F in Redmond.

Paul reported that 21 and 22 wed and thur of September is available for Microsoft hosting at Redmond.

Anish asked about agenda 11.  He was hoping that we would not resolve any issues at this meeting, since the companies need time for a position on this.

Sanjip:  I was hoping we would have time for discussion on this.  But I agree we should not make resolutions today.

Agenda approved

3         Approval of the Palo Alto F2F meeting minutes

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13388/MinutesWSRXFormation.htm

No motion made, defer to next meeting.

4         Administrivia

   Volunteer(s) for providing dial-in facility for the future conf-calls

   Any other administrative issues

Paul C stated he could do it next week.

Steve Carter:  Novell can do it in the future.

Duane N :  Adobe can host future calls as well.

The calls need at least 100 lines open for future calls..

#0006: Chairs will provide a set of milestones for the TC.

Owner: Paul Fremantle

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: ---

            To close after discussion at this TC.

#0005: Chairs will give Tom Rutt Secretary status for Kavi so he can organize the Document page

Owner: Paul Fremantle

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: ---

            Done

#0004: The editing team should produce an editor’s draft in OASIS format with line numbers.

Owner:

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: ---

            Posted to web site.  Some issues arose.

#0003: Formally contribute the past WS-RM Interop Scenarios docs to this TC.

Owner: Jorgen Thelin

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: ---

            Was posted

#0002: OASIS Staff should fix typographical error in charter of missing space between “produces” and “to” the next time the charter is updated.

Owner: James Bryce Clark

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: 2005-07-08

#0001: Jamie Clark will put out a web ballot on the Doug B motion on the charter change (“outside scope of the RM Specifications” to “outside the scope of this TC.”).

Owner: James Bryce Clark

Status::Closed

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: 2005-07-08

            Ballot now open

#0000: Jamie Clark will put the proposed charter clarification from the Jeff M motion out for formal Ballot, in accordance with OASIS Procedures.

Owner: James Bryce Clark

Assigned: 2005-07-06

Due: 2005-07-08

            Ballot now Open.

6         Update from the Editors Team

Umit: The editors took the existing contribution documents and converted to OASIS format.

We would to investigate a change to Open office.

We have some issues on what the document identifiers should be.

We also looked at which sections can be eliminated from the original contribution.

We have a list of these items, and we will make proposals next week no what should be changed.

Doug Davis:  I alone am the IBM person on the editing team.

Mark G:  I would like to be on the editors email list as issues editor.

Tom R: Mark G needs to be on the editing team, the issues cannot go out of synch with the

Tom R: we need to set up an editing team SC mailing list

Ø  Action: Sanjay to set up editing team SC or mailing list.

7         TC Milestones/Calendar for the next year

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13442/2005-Jul-07-ws-rx-milestones.ppt

This is a sample set of milestones that result in a Committee Specification by June 2006

         June 2005 kickoff “F2F1”

         July-August

        raise issues, infrastructure in place

         September 2005 “F2F2”

        detailed examination of issues, aim to produce CD1

         October 2005: “CD1”

        preliminary edit of spec with all issues called out

         Early December “F2F3” – aim to produce CD2

         Mid December – “CD2” created

         December 2005/January 2006 - CD2 voted on

         January-February 2006 - CD3 prepared

         Late February 2006 F2F4

        Review and close issues in CD3

         March 2006

        CD3 finalised

        Ballot to approve as Public Review Draft

         End of March - Public Review Draft published

         End of May 2006

        End of public review, final edits

         June 2006 - CS published

Paul F gave an overview of the milestones presentation.

CD in Early March is a key Deadline.

Make spring f2f in February rather than march.

Then have another CD after each subsequence Face To Face.

Paul C: this seems to be a reasonable set of guidelines.  It assumes on Public Review.

Paul F: this was my assumption.

Paul C: my experience is to have the public review when the TC sees it as issue clean.

Paul C: I see nothing in this about interop.  A further refinement needs to discuss when an interop could occur.  E.g  interop after 2nd cd to prepare for 3rd cd.  We need to think about this in advance, since it requires scenarios and actual code to be written.

Doug D:  With this schedule, how can we wait till the first meeting.

Umit: With holiday season this is difficult.

Paul C: we are trying to have a build up of documents and email discussions to lead to f2f.

Sanjay:  It will take some time to get the conventions of this TC working.  I recommend all members review the working drafts to see if they agree.

Umit:  why June 2006.

Sanjay: that comes from the charter stating a one year horizon.

Tom R:  Let’s go into this with a positive attitude.  It might actually take less CDs to reach agreement.

8         Specification development/issue life cycle process

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13440/2005-Jul-07-ws-rx-Spec%20Issue%20Process.ppt

Issues Life Cycle

         TC members raise issues via email or during conf-calls/F2F meetings.

            Only issues that are agreed upon and minuted in the conf-calls and F2F meetings are logged.

            Issue Status: Open-Unassigned à No member actively working on resolution

                                   Open-Assigned à TC member(s) volunteered to propose resolution

         Open issues are discussed via email, during conf-calls and F2F meetings.

            Resolutions are agreed upon and minuted during conf-calls and F2F meetings

            Issue Status: Editor-Pending

         Editors update the specs to incorporate the resolution of Editor-Pending issues

            Issue Status: Editor-Done

         Light weight process for reviewing Editor-Done issues (e.g. one or more TC members volunteer and review the changes to the spec)

            Issue Status: TC-Reviewed

         Formal TC vote for CD brings to closure the new issues addressed by the voted revision

            Issue Status: Closed

Sanjay gave an overview of the presentation above.

Anish:  I had a question:  does the TC have to vote on a working Draft.

Sanjaj:  Working drafts are not voted.

9         Issues Management (Format/Tools/Conventions)

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200507/msg00020.html

Mark G gave an overview of his proposal.

The issues will be tracked in an xml file, and issues lists will be generated by xsl as http.

Mark stated issues will be numbered.

Steve Winkler:  It is important the people put the issue number in their email subjects.

Mark G:  It is important that we have a convention for how to propose issues.

Ø  Action: Mark G:  I will have the first issues list before the next meeting.

Ø  Action Mark G:  I will propose an email template for submitting issues.

Sanjay:  will the users see the xml

Mark G:  No.

Sanjay:  The minutes from the face to face should be the basis for the first issues list.

0         Recap of issues discussed on emails so far

Ø  Potential issue    a> Source based delivery QoS policy assertion

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00055.html

Sanjay:  Source to request a set of policies,   with a fault for the receiver to send if cannot deliver that qos.

Ø  Potential issue    b> Destination to declare delivery QoS policies

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00046.html

Sanjay:  The reliability qos is not currently visible as policies.

Ø  Potential Issue    c> Granularity (per operation vs. per portType) of delivery QoS policies

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00053.html

Sanjay:  This issue is on the granularity of the delivery qos policies

Ø  Potential Issue    d> Single sequence to span multiple ports

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200506/msg00059.html

Tom Rutt:  I am happy to add these four issues.

Sanjay: Is there objection to adding these four new issues.

No objection.

Ø  Action:  Marc G: to add these four issues to the issue list.

Paul C: It would help to know which issues are going to be on the agenda.

Sanjay: we could send an agenda on Monday.

Paul F: Suggest to discuss on the email.

Tom Rutt:  I suggest that the chairs update the agenda close the meeting with links to recent email discussions.

Paul C: Very few of these issues have people assigned to them.

Sanjay: The discussion of an issue should identify an owner.

Paul C:  what about the editor’s issues.

Sanjay: that depends on their nature.  We should see the list first before we decide.

There was a clarification that the editor’s issues are mostly editorial, so they will present them to the group next

1         Pick one of the above issues and discuss resolution

No time for discussion

2         Any other business

None