Subject: RE: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Required Artifact Metadata

A couple of answers:

1. I'm fine with using "wsrx" as the value of the "tc" component.

2. My reading of some of the examples in the guidelines and in other TCs
lead me to believe that we had to use "01" etc. but you are correct in
that this removes the chance of using minor versions (a bad thing). I'm
fine with using "1.0" as the productVersion.

I'll ammend my proposals to make these changes. I'm looking for
suggestions on the "artifactName" component. The guidelines are
confusing (at least to me) on this one.

- g

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Niblett [mailto:peter_niblett@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:15 AM
To: Gilbert Pilz
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

I have a couple of questions:

1. The guidelines at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13344/ArtifactIdentifi
cationRequirements-v1.0-wd-15.pdf
 say that the tc: component should be the short name of the TC with
hyphens removed, i.e. wsrx. You have put "tbd", does this mean that you
are looking at an alternative?

2. The guidelines permit the use of 1.0 as the productVersion, and that
appears to be the form used in the current WDs (and other OASIS specs).
Are you proposing not to use a minor version?

Peter Niblett

             "Gilbert Pilz"

             <Gilbert.Pilz@bea

             .com>
                                       <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>

             14/07/2005 05:19

                                       [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Required

                                       Artifact Metadata

Title: Required Artifact Metadata

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13344/ArtifactIdentifi
cationRequirements-v1.0-wd-15.pdf
) require that the artifacts (documents, schemas, etc.) produced by a TC
should have a minimum set of of metadata that describes these artifacts.

Justification: OASIS requirement.

Target: core, policy

Type: editorial

Proposal: We propose the following values for each specification:

WS-ReliableMessaging:

      artifactName: TBD

      tc: TBD

      product: wsreliablemessaging

      productVersion: 01

      artifactType: spec

      stage: wd

      descriptiveName: Web Services Reliable Messaging Protocol
      Specification

WS-RM Policy:

      artifactName: TBD

      tc: TBD

      product: wsrmpolicy

      productVersion: 01

      artifactType: spec

      stage: wd

      descriptiveName: Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion
      Specification

Note that the "product names" of these two artifacts differ.