Subject: RE: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: XML Namespace URIs

Peter,

You and Chris seem to be in agreement on the basic form of the URLs. The
only thing you don't seem to agree on is the form of the version
information. Chris indicated to the editors earlier that he preferred to
use a date stamp to indicate version. You'll have to ask him about his
reasons for this preference. I don't care one way or another.

I think its important, though, that we create an AI to talk to whomever
is responsible for the OASIS site and make sure that they are willing
and able to create documents that correspond to the URLs that we are
proposing.

Also, I am still working on the "XML Namespace URI Versioning Policy"
issue. I'll send it to the list when I get the proposal worked out.

- g

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Niblett [mailto:peter_niblett@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:26 AM
To: Gilbert Pilz
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

In the WS-Notification and WS-Resource Framework specifications we have
adopted a more concise version of the URIs. This was to avoid bloat of
things that embed the uri, like wsa:Action MAPs. We also chose to omit
the date, and instead append a version number that increments if and
when the namespace changes incompatibility (I know this is an area where
there can be much debate).

Also the current draft of the naming guidelines states that URLs SHOULD
be rooted at the docs domain, and the tcShortName MUST be the next node
in the URL after the base.

Have you considered using the WSN / WSRF convention? It would mean that
the namespace URIs would be

      xmlns:wsrm="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrx/rm-1";

      xmlns:wsrmp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrx/rmp-1";

Peter Niblett
WS-Notification TC co-chair

             "Gilbert Pilz"

             <Gilbert.Pilz@bea

             .com>
                                       <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>

             14/07/2005 05:24

                                       [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: XML Namespace

                                       URIs

Title: XML Namespace URIs

that must be used by implementations of these specifications.

Justification: Self-evident.

Target: all

Type: editorial

Proposal: The namespace URIs for WS-RX-defined schemas should be URLs
that resolve to RDDL documents that provide information about the schema
as well as links to the corresponding specification(s). Per OASIS
guidelines, the RDDL documents must be hosted by OASIS. Therefore the
exact URL values will need to be co-ordinated with OASIS but, in
general, they should look something like the following:

xmlns:wsrm="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-rx/wsreliablemessagi
ng-200507.html
      "

xmlns:wsrmp="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-rx/wsrmpolicy-20050
7.html"

Note that the "200507" in the URL is represents the schema version as a
date (July, 2005).