Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Is an implementation supporting a smaller maxmessage number valid? [Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Max message number in policy]

Taking this in a slightly different direction: I agree max Java long and
max XML Schema unsigned long are both gigantic values.  If we generally
agree that max(unsigned long) / 2 is sufficient, another option is to
make that the documented maximum message number.

This would of course leave destinations able to run out of many types of
resources and fail in many "mysterious" ways.  A conformant J2ME
implementation would however be *designed* without a lower limit than
max(unsigned long) / 2.

thanx,
	doug