Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: semantics of "at most once" delivery assurance

Tom Rutt wrote:

> *Title*: Semantics of  "At most once" Delivery assurance.
>
> *Description*:
> The semantics of the "at most once" delivery assurance are not clear.

I just came up with another interpretation:

Given that any use of ws-reliabile messaging protocol implies an
obligation that the rm-destination will return acknowledgments
for all messages sent in a sequence, the obligation of the rm-source to
retransmit unacknowledged messages is what distinguishes
exactly once from at most once delivery assurance levels.

It is interesting that this implies an overlap of semantics with base
retransimssion interval, in that a value of infinity would imple that
the sender
will never retransmit.