Subject: RE: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: semantics of "at most once" delivery assurance

Title: Message
Doug:

   I think this is what this issue is trying to clarify.  What you are saying is proposal (3) in
Tom's email and basically means that the DA is a contract between application destination
and RM destination, and thus does not apply to wire protocol which is always at least once.
However, I can also see the merits of the other two proposals.

Lei

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 11:09 AM
To: Anish Karmarkar
Cc: tom@coastin.com; wsrx

Hi,
No matter what the DA is, any unACK'd message needs to be resent.
DAs have no impact on the protocol itself.
thanks,
-Doug

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

07/25/2005 01:11 PM

tom@coastin.com
cc
wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: semantics of "at most once" delivery assurance

Two related questions that need to be answered are:
can a RM receiver send a NACK in case of AtMostOnce DA? If yes, what is
the RM sender supposed to do when it receives such a NACK and it is
never going to retransmit the message (as it has already thrown away the
message) -- i.e. to prevent the RM receiver from NACKing the message
repeatedly, should the RM sender send a specific fault?

-Anish