Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Unowned issues

My interpretation of what owner means match yours. Right now there is a link from the origin for all of the issues; in a lot of them that is where the proposal is as well. In the next pass through and for the future I’ll be sure to include the link in the proposal section as well even if it has appeared earlier.

From: Anish Karmarkar [mailto:Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:36 AM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Since I raised issues i002 and i003, I would be happy to be the owner.

I'm assuming that the owner is supposed to stimulate discussion on the issue, keep track of the discussion, summarize the discussion/issue on the call, etc, but is not necessarily responsible for generating proposals/resolving the issues (although he/she may). Is that correct?
(Although in the cases above, I would be willing to provide proposals.)

Suggestion for Marc:
In the issue list, can we have a link to the emails in the justification and proposal section. Currently, these two sections contain cut-and-pasted text from the emails. This is helpful in most cases, but sometimes it is necessary to look at the complete email/thread to get the right context.

Thx.

-Anish
--

Marc Goodner wrote:

We need owners for the following issues:

i001

Bilateral sequence negotiation

i002

AckTo EPR and seq lifetime

i003

EPRs and sequence scope

i004

wsa:messageID uniqueness requirments for retransmission

i005

Source resend of nacks messages when ack already received

i007

WSS 1.0/1.1 token support

i010

Sequence port spanning

i012

Anonymous acksTo

i013

Max message number in policy

i018

Is an implementation supporting a smaller max message number valid?

i019

Sequence termination on Fault

Gilbert Pilz has volunteered on the editor list to take i014 – i017.

Personally I’ll volunteer to take i007 will review some the others for potentially volunteering prior to tomorrow’s call. I suggest others do the same.

I propose that we should not allow issues to be accepted any longer without identifying an owner at the same time.

Regards,

Marc g