Subject: RE: [ws-rx] [WS-RX] Issue i014

Jorgen (a much respected colleague) – get over it!

Why isn’t the TC called WS-RM? Because you wanted to pull in greater support, critically Oracle.

It’s not your private property any more. That’s what happens when it escapes into the wild. The spec will change according to different rules and with different balances of power. It’s a good precedent for your workshop specs, and you should let it evolve – I think you want the standing that comes from getting Oracle to recognize reality and stop trying to create the alternate stack. Multiple inputs, one output.

Same spec++, different name – that’s a good deal for Microsoft. Forward to WS-TX (instead of the unwritten WS-Tx), and then you won’t have to worry about WS-CAF.

Overall, I think both vendors and end-users want one spec, not two, and this is the kind of pragmatic result that you should welcome. There will be bigger issues where you guys are going to have to accept amendment and change to something that may seem to you be “a done deal” because you’ve hashed it over in the world of the workshops -- so this is perhaps a useful cultural experience.

It’s not EJB, because it’s still in process, never had the standing that it will have emerging from an open standards body. Cf, BPEL à WS-BPEL.

It’s perfectly reasonable to go for a spec name that conforms with the TC name. And it’s not the end of the world either way.

Of all the companies to worry about the cost of changing some marketing literature… J

Alastair