Subject: Re: [ws-rx] POTENTIAL NEW ISSUE: WS-RX policies not manifested on the wire

Ashok,

I'm not certain that I would agree with the point you make as regards to
the currently specified
wsrm:RMAssertion itself. Recall that a policy assertion is embodied in the
QName of the assertion, not
its content. Thus, one can tell, just by examining the messages themselves
whether the WS-RM policy is
being followed, because messages will carry a wsrm:Sequence header
element. The properties
or parameters (or what ever you want to call them) manifested by the child
elements of the
wsrm:RMAssertion itself are of no consequence from the perspective of a
given message (e.g. you
cannot examine a message out of context to determine whether the
parameters are being
observed).

As for the DA assertions that have been discussed, I would agree, but we
haven't yet determined
as a group that the DA will be manifested as a policy assertion, much less
what it would mean with regards
to the protocol as manifested on the wire (if at all).

So, to restate: the wsrm:RMAssertion *is* manifested on the wire already
by virtue of a wsrm:Sequence
SOAP header block in each message sent to a wsdl:port which carries that
policy assertion. In the case where
the wsp:Optional="true" attribute is included in the wsrm:RMAssertion,
then you can determine whether
or not the policy is being used by the presence or absence of the
wsrm:Sequence SOAP header block.

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295

Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote on 08/01/2005 01:16:55