Subject: i009 use cases

I have the AI [1] to capture the use cases for issue i009 [2]

Allow me to kick off the discussion on the list with the following use
case:

UC1 Application Source (AS) requires that all messages be processed by the
Application Destination (AD)

The RM protocol is an AtLeastOnce protocol as perceived between the RMS
and RMD. However, the
RMD is free to implement whatever level of QoS with respect to the AD that
the AD deems appropriate.
For instance, the RMD might be resource constrained, and offer the AD an
AtMostOnce DA using a
FIFO algorithm to discard unprocessed messages it has received once some
threshold of constrained
resource (such as message store) has been exceeded.

Thus, the source should be able to discern the DA QoS in effect at the
destination endpoint so that it can
choose whether the DA QoS is adequate to its requirements and opt to
either use the service, or not.

An AS that required ExactlyOnce DA QoS could, via some unspecified means,
instruct the RMS only to
use a service whose RMD implemented ExactlyOnce DA. The RMS would then
inspect the prospective
endpoint's DA as advertised in policy for a match on the wsrm:ExactlyOnce
delivery assurance.

Thoughts?

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=979