Subject: proposed resolution to i017

All,

I propose that we resolve issue i017 [1] as follows:

The namespace URI used for our specs should follow the draft AIR
guidelines. e.g.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/[productname]1

where [productname] is whatever we conclude for issue i015 [2] for the
respective specs. The trailing '1'
signifies the "version" of the *namespace* but is NOT in any way tied to
the version/revision of the corresponding
schema for that namespace (see my previous rants on this subject). This
will allow us to assign a final namespace
URI for the specifications that we are chartered to produce (rather than
having to either guess at a date, or worse
yet, change the namespace name with each successive published draft --
BLECH!)

I would also assert that we do not need to resolve i015 before resolving
that the form of the namespace
URI will be as above... we just fill in the blank once we have settled on
a [productname] for our specs.

Benefits: this yields a nice SHORT namespace URI (see my previous rants)
it allows us to assign a final URI
now, rather than waiting until we are essentially done (good for
implementation as it reduces unnecessary churn
to tweak the namespace URI in code).

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13809/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i017
[2]